Tequila 'Rooftop 75' Cocktail
It's a well know fact that us Voyagers are BIG fans of tequila.
So, naturally, we will be celebrating #nationaltequiladay!
At our recent Summer Tasting Dinner, Haley Holman from Beam Suntory and El Tesoro Tequila made the most delicious strawberry-infused tequila cocktail called the 'Rooftop 75' and we were lucky enough to have her spill her secret recipe to share with you all!
It is the perfect summer cocktail.
1 oz strawberry-infused El Tesoro Reposado*
.5 oz lemon juice
.5 oz strawberry & pink peppercorn syrup*
2 oz cava
- Rim rocks glass with your choice of spice mix*.
- Shake tequila, lemon and strawberry syrup with ice, strained into rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Top with cava or other sparkling wine.
- Wash and hull 200g of fresh market strawberries.
- Place 750ml of El Tesoro Reposado tequila and strawberries in a vacuum seal plastic bag or heavy duty gallon freezer bag.
- Sous vide mixture in water at 140F degrees for about 2 hours.
- Strain liquid through fine mesh sieve, reserve cooked strawberries and set aside to cool.
*Strawberry Pink Peppercorn Syrup*
Mix all of the following ingredients together, until sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool:
- Juices from cooked strawberries - gently press to release all of the juices
- 1 tsp whole pink peppercorns
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup boiling hot water
*Custom Spice Mix*
Mix any combination of herbs and spices, for a total volume of about 1 tbsp. Grind together with mortar & pestle. Drip rim of glass in lemon juice and then in the spice mix to stick to the glass.
Ideas to create a custom spice rim:
- Dried flowers (lavender, chamomile, rose)
- Dried chiles
- Dried orange peel
- Savory herbs (thyme, rosemary, sage)
- Himalayan salts