Rosie's Snickerdoodle Cookies
These are hands down the best Snickerdoodles I've ever had!
WARNING: They are addictive.
So cinnamon-y, so sugar-y, so soft.
What differentiates this recipe by Rosie Powell from others is that they do NOT have cream of tartar.
Give them a whirl and let us know what you think!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ¾ cup four
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cinnamon Mix: 3 parts sugar + 1 part cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit / 190 Celsius
- Cream softened butter and sugar with an electric mixer (or by hand, which I do since I'm not fancy enough to have a standing mixer)
- Mix in eggs and vanilla into butter‐sugar mixture
- Sift together dry ingredients (except for cinnamon mixture) in a separate bowl
- In three additions, mix dry mixture into butter mixture and mix well
- Refrigerate dough in refrigerator for about an hour until firm
- Roll dough into little balls and roll in cinnamon mixture until covered
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden at the bottom of the cookie
- Try to only eat one (spoiler alert: it's impossible!)